Mary's Meals International
Mary’s Meals International is seeking expressions of interest from an experienced volunteer to support Mary’s Meals to develop the Safe Communications and Marketing component of our Global Safeguarding Framework.
As a Safe Media & Communications volunteer you will work with our Director of People & Culture to coordinate a piece of work to advise and guide our global Communications and Marketing teams to develop their understanding of safe media and comms principles and practices.
We are looking for support with the following:
- Develop and deliver an online awareness-raising session on the key principles that underpin safe media and communications, including usage of images, media visits, informed consent, data protection etc. and/or
- Provide support in the development or review of policies, procedures and tools.
Experience/skills and attributes you will need:
- Experience of developing and delivering similar training or experience of developing and operationalising safe media and communication tools and policies.
- In-depth and up-to-date knowledge of sector safeguarding best practice.
- Willingness and ability to give your time to build capacity at Mary’s Meals.
- This work can be completed remotely from anywhere in the world. We ask that any training is completed during the GMT working day.
- We ask that volunteers are able to provide their own equipment including secure network connection to enable you to join remote meetings with colleagues in different locations across Africa and Europe.
Mary’s Meals is a global movement supported by people from all walks of life and we are focused on one goal – that every child receives a nutritious daily meal in a place of education. We continue to change the lives of over 2.4 million children who today will receive Mary’s Meals. We are a values driven organisation, we believe in the innate goodness of people, respect the dignity of every human being and family life and believe in good stewardship of the resources entrusted to us. In line with our values Mary’s Meals is fully committed to a culture of safeguarding.
Without thousands of incredibly dedicated volunteers across the world, our work would not be possible. Thank you for gifting your time, energy and skills to support us in the furtherance of our mission.
To express your interest, please click Apply and send a short covering letter detailing any skills and experience that will help you complete this important piece of work.
For any additional information or if you have any questions, please reach out to Leanne Gordon at [email protected].
Safe Media and Communication JD