VMware Engineer – On Site
*As this is a UK Based position, candidates must be eligible and willing to go through SC clearance as well as holding sole British nationality*
We are searching for a Vmware engineer to join a global enterprise IT solutions company. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a well-established large enterprise business who offer clear career progression and opportunities to grow and develop within the organisation.
As a VMware engineer, you will configure and install all server hardware, including VMware, the Windows OS and administrative tools of Microsoft, such as MDT, MBAM, SCOM, as well as products procured from third parties, onto the systems. You’ll build, configure, assess, and recommend hardware and software, dependant on customer focus. You will also work closely with other IT teams to maintain a smooth operation.
- Install, configure, and maintain Windows servers and desktop systems.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to Windows and Intel-based systems.
- Participate in the design and implementation of new systems and infrastructure.
- Provide basic technical support to customers by handling systems-related issues.
- Perform routine repairs, maintenance and upgrades of existing systems using solutions in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Investigates and resolves matters of significance.
- Work with other IT teams to ensure the smooth operation of the organization’s IT systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field of study, with at least 3 years of experience in the relevant field.
- Microsoft Certified: Windows Server 2016 or later.
- Experience with Intel-based systems as well as VMware experience.
- Experience working with computer hardware and software operating systems.
- Experience working with one or more structured programming languages.
- Good communication skills to provide systems diagnoses and resolution for current systems.