Kick ICT Group Ltd
Kick ICT Group recognise the value of a diverse workforce and are committed to making our working environment inclusive for all.
Kick ICT Group
Is one of the fastest growing providers of IT Services in the UK, with a talented and highly skilled team that provide outstanding service and value to our customers.
Founded in 2015, we have enjoyed significant expansion through a combination of organic growth and a successful M&A strategy.
Combining over 40 years of expertise and service from respected industry players, Castle and Talon, our four divisions, Technical, Dynamics, Infor and Communications allow us to deliver tailored expertise to each client.
We pride ourselves on our commitment to providing outstanding IT solutions, services and support. Yet we believe that it's how we work with people that is most important to us.
You can trust in our expertise.
BASE LOCATION: Bellshill (Hybrid)
SALARY: 27k-32k DOE
WORKING PATTERN: Permanent | Full-time (35 hours per week)
As a 2nd line Technical Helpdesk Consultant, you’ll play an important role in the continued success of our business. You will be expected to respond to and work through the support cases logged into the technical 2nd line support queue in priority order and work with the customer to resolve their issues.
- Take 9 cases per day. This figure will fluctuate dependent on the number of incoming cases.
- Communicate with the customer in a warm, friendly and professional manner.
- Monitor the queue and the SLA response times taking cases before the SLA expires.
- Manage cases within your queue and update at the end of each week, with a maximum of 10 cases still open (where possible)
- Keep notes current and up to date on each communication.
- Communicate with each case daily.
- Liaise with the customer before closing a case to get agreement the issue is resolved.
- Assist other departments within the company with support issues where technical assistance is required.
- Update customers technical documentation as required.
What do I need
- Experience in deskside support or other user support functions
- In-depth, hands on “problem solving” expertise in desktop hardware, operating systems and software packages
- A good working knowledge of a wide variety of IT hardware e.g desktops, laptops, tablets and other peripheral devices.
- A good understanding of structured cabling or Wi-Fi connectivity e.g. routers, switches, Wireless Access Points (WAP)
- Microsoft Windows Desktop Operating Systems
- Microsoft Office and Office 365 / Azure / Sharepoint
- Patch Management
- Anti-Virus Management
- Virus / Malware Disinfection
- Active Directory / Exchange: Add/Remove Changes
- Server Backup Configuration and Management
- DNS (Local)
- Microsoft Windows Server, working knowledge up to 2019 server
- Microsoft Exchange – On premise and 365 exchange online
- Microsoft Active Directory, configuration
- Server Technologies: Performance, stability and security analysis, troubleshooting
- SSL Certificate Management
- DNS fundamental knowledge
- Competitive salary
- 30 days annual leave (plus a birthday holiday)
- Additional Service Days
- Group personal pension plan
- Private medical insurance scheme
- Hybrid Working
- Life cover (2 x final salary)
- Cycle to work scheme