We are recruiting for a Senior Integrated Management Systems (IMS) Consultant to support key clients and to further develop the service area. Typical technical project areas are environmental management, quality management, health and safety management, energy management and business continuity.
We are seeking to recruit a Senior Integrated Management Systems (IMS) Consultant to work within the Environment Group. You will primarily work from home (in the UK) in the short term, unless this is unavailable to you. You will be provided with all IT equipment and software/services require to facilitate your efficient home working. Long term arrangements will be discussed and agreed with the successful candidate – our client is a flexible employer and are willing to consider any arrangement that is desirable to you.
Position Overview and Responsibilities
Typical technical project areas are environmental management, quality management, health and safety management, energy management and business continuity.
The successful candidate will work in a client-facing role with lead responsibilities for excellent project delivery, valued outcomes and great customer service. Clients you will be working with will range from industrial manufacturing sites to construction sites to public sector and commercial businesses; projects range from strategic to operational and technical interventions.
Core technical project areas include:
* Management systems development and implementation (e.g. ISO 14001, 9001, 45001, 50001, 22301).
* Training delivery.
* Sustainability strategy development.
Additional technical project areas include:
* Circular economy and resource efficiency.
* Environmental legal compliance and permitting.
* Lean manufacturing and reducing waste in processes.
* Sustainable procurement.
* Chemical and waste management.
* Life cycle analysis.
* Organised, logical and structured; attention to detail.
* Communication and training delivery skills.
* Business acumen and awareness.
* Business development.
* Numeracy and data analysis.
* Coaching, training and facilitation.
* Creative thinking and ability to identify and drive new business opportunities and projects.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Professional software packages, including Excel.
The successful candidate will work within a supportive, friendly and driven team, contributing to meeting the clients targets
The position may require travel (including occasional overnight stays) throughout Scotland, the U.K. and abroad depending on project requirements. Company pool cars are available for business travel – a valid driving licence is required, valid passport and photo ID is required for air travel. Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.K.
Qualifications and Experience
* Honours or Masters Degree in environmental management, environmental studies, business and environment, chemistry, waste, energy, quality management, manufacturing excellence, business management or a related subject.
* Membership (graduate, affiliate, associate or full) of a related professional institute e.g. IEMA, CQI.
* CEnv or working towards this professional registration is desired.
* Internal or lead auditor qualification(s).
If you would like to have a confidential discussion regarding this unique opportunity please contact Lyndsey Wilkinson