Join us. Unleash your energy within.If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We’ve created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time – to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best – for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIGWe thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITYWe are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCEWe are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us:
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:This role is for a Safety Engineer within our Technical/Process Safety Engineering team. As part of a leading consultancy, you will successfully support delivery of Safety commissions with influence in the Energy sector. You will be supporting client projects and their ongoing operations, within the Oil & Gas industry, and increasingly associated energy transition and the Renewables industry.Foremost amongst your attributes will be your ability to support a range of projects, your passion to develop your own technical expertise (as well as your career), and to be a great communicator, in order to develop and build relationships with clients as well as colleagues within the wider Kent business.Does this sound like you? In which case, we’d love you to apply for this role.
- Technical input for project delivery. Technical excellence is key to our success and you would help build on this tradition
- Conducting consultancy safety scopes (in particular, experience in QRA, Formal Safety Assessments, COMAH, etc is essential) for major hazard industries
- Consequence modelling using programs such as PHAST
- Technical report authorship
- Participation in HAZID, HAZOPS, and LOPAs and other risk assessment workshops
- Project engineering to ensure studies and projects are delivered in compliance with agreed scope, budgets and schedules
- Direct engagement with clients and developing strong relationships with existing and future clients
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience
- ï»¿Degree qualified in a relevant engineering subject
- Working towards chartership with a relevant institution (with sufficient experience to complete this within two years)
- We are looking for people who relish technically challenging engineering projects. You will be passionate and driven to improve the way we do things and deliver above and beyond to clients. You will be a proactive team player with excellent problem-solving, communication and presentation skills
- Highly organised and enjoy a fast-paced working environment
- Experience working in Process/Technical Safety, preferably in the Energy industry
- Experience in risk and safety management
- Strong understanding of the fundamentals of QRA and other safety techniques, including consequence analysis (preferably using PHAST software), with proven experience in conducting such studies
- Familiar with relevant legislation and industry standards and able to apply this knowledge and advise clients in relation to these, such as COMAH, Safety Case Regulations etc
- Ability to prepare technical reports to a high standard
- Ability to demonstrate excellent time-management skills with proven ability to work to deadlines
- Experience of contributing to successful bids and proposals
- Track record of adding value through innovation
- The ability to show initiative and work independently where appropriate
We are committed to our diverse and inclusive community – a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. From day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds.
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures, and abilities.