Duval Associates Ltd
Project Risk Manager – Market leading company – Penrith – Hybrid A very dynamic place to be! Negotiable salary and benefits.Excellent progression, opportunity. You will have strong Risk Management experience and be an excellent project manager – ideally working on major infrastructure projects.Start post-notice – June – August – Stunning company!
This is a brilliant opportunity to get on board with a big business who are at the top of what they do. They are a leading service provider who want to invest in brilliant people to uphold the company’s core values and maintain their excellent reputation. We are assisting them in recruiting for a Risk Manager to work on an exciting project.
For this role we are looking for an experienced risk manager with strong communication, who is super confident and comfortable participating in, and chairing risk management meetings. You will need to be self-motivated and proactive, being able to organise yourself and prioritise tasks will be key to this role.This company have the resources to develop and progress their staff, along with a very attractive salary and hybrid working this would be a fantastic move for someone with a background in major infrastructure projects with at least 2 years’ experience as a Risk Manager.
Interested?You’ll need a recognised degree from the construction sector and ideally hold a qualification in risk management along with the experience and understanding of working on a construction project.
- Driving license required
- Ability and willingness to get to Penrith 3 days / week.
- Experience of populating and drawing registers and reports from risk management databases, ideally Xactium.
- Experience of implementing the steps in risk management processes aligned to ISO 31000 Risk management – Guidelines or Association for Project Management or PRINCE2 project management methodologies. Be familiar with both qualitative and quantitative risk management and qualitative scoring matrices.
- Familiarity with preparing or contributing to the preparation of risk management plans, report templates, policies, RACI charts, histograms, guidelines, and advice notes.
What you’ll need to do:
- Ensure the successful delivery of risk management services in a consistent, professional manner with the aim of exceeding client expectations.
- Support the implementation of effective risk management practices to actively reduce risk exposure and uncertainty on projects and programmes.
- Consider 'intelligent risk management’, whereby the approach to risk management builds on lean thinking and continuous learning.
- Support the development and implementation of risk management approaches for clients, incorporating good practice and procedures.
- Facilitate risk workshops and meetings and engage with project teams to ensure the effective implementation of risk management.
- Produce risk reports summarising outputs to suit the needs of the individual projects.
- Support the development of new risk management processes, procedures and tools as part of continuous improvement and innovation.
- Support business development through an exemplary delivery of risk management services so that the company remains the business partner of choice.
- Keep abreast of the latest publications on the subject of project risk management such as The Orange Book, ICE RAMP Guide, PMI Principles and Procedures, ISO standards and the P3M3 maturity model.
If this sounds like a good move for you get in touch with Amy at Duval!