Reports to: Senior Merchandiser
Location: Glasgow, office based
Salary: Dependent on experience
Hours: 42.5 hours per week (8.30am to 5.30pm)
Jacobs & Turner Limited (trading as Trespass) is one of Scotland’s most successful private companies. Established in Glasgow in 1938, the company has gone on to become one of the most recognisable outdoor clothing brands in Europe with over 1500 employees and over 250 retail stores. In recent years, the company has shown its resilience to the global pandemic and has achieved record results in its latest financial period.
As the Retail Buyer, you will join a team where your role will be vital to the success of the operation so being collaborative is essential. You will assist in the day to day running of our busy Merchandise department and work closely with the Merchandisers and Buying teams.
Could you be who we are looking for?
- Do you enjoy being able to use your initiative to run projects and identify opportunities through new tasks?
- Are you proficient in working with Microsoft Systems, more specifically Excel?
- Are you a strong communicator with the ability to influence both verbally and written?
- Do you pride yourself in having a good attention to detail?
- Do you enjoy working in a busy team?
- Do you have strong Customer Service/Administration experience and thrive off of client-facing environments / situations?
- Are you an innovative thinker who enjoys identifying opportunities and interventions for continuous improvement?
What does a typical day sound like?
- Coordinating with design on product from development to buy for retail.
- Liaison between buyers and designers for retail merchandising team.
- Oversee pricing pre-season in line with company guidelines.
- Conduct range selection meetings pre-season.
- Knowledge and awareness of retail ranged products critical path.
- Retail products imports and inbound dates knowledge.
- Retail orders maintenance.
- Oversee, manage and submit signed off buys after range meetings.
- Support merchandising team with product knowledge where required.
- Knowledge of wholesale purchasing habits and B2B Catalogue product.
- The go to person for knowledge of the Trespass range.
Working for Trespass
- You will receive 30 days holiday (increasing to 32 by 2 years’ service) to ensure you keep a healthy work-life balance and have lots of exciting plans in place to look forward to
- Benefit from our corporate discounts for you, your friends and family, making the most of the great outdoors
- Relaxed dress code
- On site staff canteen area with access to kitchen appliances
- Vending machines distributed throughout the building for those with a sweet tooth
- Free parking as there is nothing worse than parking metres and additional costs, meaning…. buy the coffee!
- Full access to our fantastic Employee Assistance Programme and much more!
We want like-minded, committed individuals to join us and be part of our continued success so if this sounds like a good fit for you then we welcome you to apply.
Salary information will be determined by experience and fit and decided at point of offer, however, if you have any questions relating to this, please get in touch.