Overview / Responsibilities
Due to continued growth and high demand for our services, Wood are now seeking a Renewable Energy and Hydrogen Consultant to join our expanding group based in Glasgow.
Wood's Clean Energy business is responsible for the delivery of a wide range of renewable power generation, storage and clean hydrogen production projects into multiple client end markets. Within this business, the Renewables Solutions group focusses primarily on the early stage development of project concepts through to Pre-FEED stage across solar, wind, BESS and hydrogen technologies, in addition to providing Owner's Engineering services as projects progress into detailed design and construction.
As a Renewable Energy and Hydrogen Consultant, you will become part of our Renewables Solutions group, working primarily on the delivery of clean hydrogen and 'Power to X' consulting projects.
Join a culture of innovation , pushing the boundaries of what is possible to seek the best solutions for our clients.
The Role –
This role creates an opportunity for an engineer / consultant to join a high growth and innovative team which interfaces with many parts of the wider Wood business. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to support some of the most interesting decarbonisation projects taking place globally and grow with the emerging clean hydrogen and Power to X sector.
In the role you will work individually and as part of a team to deliver a variety of studies; ranging from early phase project development support, hybrid modelling, technology assessments and offtake market evaluations.
Whilst the role will focus primarily on the growth of our hydrogen portfolio, you will also have an opportunity to gain experience on projects across the wider clean energy industry (wind, solar, BESS).
- Lead the preparation of primarily process engineering design deliverables, reports and specifications to an agreed quality standard and in line with Wood's Business Management System.
- Apply standard techniques and academic training to solve problems and develop solutions for our customers.
- Lead the preparation of proposals in response to client invitations to tender, demonstrating judgement in determining the methods to apply to assigned tasks, the resources required to execute them and in appropriately articulating Wood's value proposition.
- Manage a small portfolio of studies in accordance with the agreed customer specification, budget and schedule.
- Interface internally with supporting disciplines or other areas of the business to secure their input on specific deliverables.
- Represent Wood externally through recognition in industry papers or through participation in conferences.
- Seek to maintain advanced knowledge of the industry and the needs of our customers as technologies and the context of our clients' projects evolve.
- Build a working understanding of the complimentary industries to the growth of hydrogen and Power to X.
What we can offer
- Meaningful and interesting projects delivered to leaders of industry across renewables and emerging energy sectors
- Flexible working arrangements that balance client, team and individual needs offering hybrid and remote working where relevant
- Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion ; we are an organisation actively committed to diversity and inclusion across our business
- Competitive salary with regular salary reviews to ensure we are rewarding at the right level in line with the market
- Flexible benefits package ; inclusive of 33 days annual leave (including public holidays), generous contributory pension scheme, private medical cover, 4x base salary life insurance; all of these and more that can be adapted to suit your own
- Commitment to continued professional development; development plans that are tailored to your individual needs and interests
- Global connections ; join experts around the world who are at the leading edge of our industry, shaping the standards of our profession
If all of this sounds good to you, review the typical responsibilities of the role and the requirements of the position below, then follow the link to apply and start your journey with Wood.
Skills / Qualifications
Skills And Qualifications
You may read these details and are potentially thinking about not applying due to not having every single skill, knowledge or experience listed, and that's understandable. However, we'd still like to hear from you. At Wood, we understand and acknowledge that everyone is different, and we are committed to equal opportunities and want to access all of the talent that is out there. We are committed to attracting a broad range of skills, knowledge and experiences and embrace differences. So even if you feel you don't have everything listed, but feel you have some of the experience, knowledge or skills to help us unlock solutions to the world's most critical challenges….do apply.
ISCED Level 6 Bachelors (minimum) or Level 7 Masters (preferred) Degree in relevant engineering discipline (Process, Mechanical or similar).
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
This role typically requires two to four years of progressively more responsible and relevant experience.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret technical information and can demonstrate the application of theory in a practical context.
- Competent in the application of standards, processes and procedures and how they are used in work execution
- Experience of working in an engineering environment and accustomed to the typical processes applied which ensure work is delivered in accordance with Wood and client requirements.
- Can independently develop a range of engineering deliverables commensurate with process-related early-phase project development work.
- Awareness of green hydrogen and 'Power to X' technologies and potential offtake routes
- Knowledge of trends and economic conditions affecting the renewables and wider clean energy industry.
- Ability to prepare accurate, effective, complete and easily understood written communications and reports
- Good level of general computer literacy and basic familiarity with some relevant specialist engineering software
- Able to communicate clearly verbally and in written form
- Enthusiastic, conscientious and keen to learn.
- High level of awareness and commitment to safety in all aspects of daily work.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Highly motivated to deliver excellent value to our clients and demonstrates personal initiative.
- Possesses integrity, strong work ethic, positive attitude, and is dependable.
Adaptable and flexible to the changing needs of projects.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.