Contract Scotland are on the look-out for an experienced Project Planner for our client, a main civils contractor who have cemented a well-earned reputation in the civil engineering industry. Due to a busy order book, they are looking to add a permanent staff member to cover a large range of projects spanning the Infrastructure and Energy sectors across Scotland. You will work closely with the existing planning team and clients to manage the programme plan for building new substations and HVDC convector stations projects.
As the Project Planner your responsibilities will include:
- Design and manage detailed programmes in P6.
- Assist in the management of change with regards to impact on programme and progress.
- Integrate and manage client programmes with company programmes.
- Coordinate with estimators and the project teams on all programme aspects.
- Working closely with bid teams, producing outline programmes for tenders.
- Manage the programme to drive project delivery.
- Distribute and communicate programme information, risk and commercial issues to operational teams in various formats.
- Co-ordinate planning workshops with clients, operational teams and subcontractors.
- Monitor progress, analyse trending schedules and cost information then produce date and report finding to management in a proactive, timely manner.
- Build NEC compliant programmes from first principles using relevant scope, specifications & drawings.
- Manage and analyse change in programmes to support the commercial teams.
- Liaise with other functional staff ensuring the programme incorporates all activities and detailed logic associated with those functions.
- Assist the planning team on the development of workable, project programmes.
You should have a methodical approach, great interpersonal skill and have the following skills:
- Educated to a degree or HNC level in a relevant civil engineering discipline.
- Primavera P6 software experience is essential and further understanding of Microsoft Project & other packages is advantageous.
- Experience working on Energy or Substation projects.
- Have proven expertise at least 5 years within a main contracting business as Senior Planner/Planner on high value projects.
- Contractually aware, ideally with NEC3 or NEC4 contracts.
- Ability to work to challenging timescales.
- Tender experience is an advantage.
- Flexibility is essential as travel may be required.
This is a full-time position that offers flexible working opportunities and long term job security. On offer is a competitive salary and a well- rounded benefit package. If this sounds like just the job for you then we’d love to hear from you to discuss the company and the role in more detail. Please apply with a copy of your most recent CV or for more information, contact Kirstin Marshall on (phone number removed) quoting J41994.
Contract Scotland acts as an employment agency for permanent work and acts as an employment business for temporary work.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
At Contract Scotland, we value diversity and promote equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all areas of society and can discuss any reasonable adjustments to support your application.