ALLIED VEHICLES LTD
Allied Vehicles is the UK market leader in the manufacture and supply of wheelchair accessible transport solutions. Allied also operates Scotland’s largest independent Bodyshop and offers a range of garage services to insurance, commercial and private customers alike. The company has a nationwide reputation for ensuring quality, value and customer satisfaction and key to this success is its dedicated and committed workforce.
We are now recruiting for a Production Support Design Engineer to join our Engineering department. You will work with the Design Engineering and Production Engineering team’s during the implementation of new or revised Vehicle Build Types.
The main duties of the role:
· Design of Jigs, Fixtures, Patterns and Bracing.
· Creation of SOPs using Solidworks.
· Revise and update SOPs as required.
· Support for Engineering during first off builds.
· Create detailed information for the removal of OE Components.
· Bring any possible issues witnessed on production line to managements attention.
· Work within the constraints of the Certification body.
· Support customer service & warranty with New Vehicle Build types.
· Manage and Lead Implementation of New Vehicle Build types.
· Manage and Lead Implementation of Updates to current Vehicle Builds.
· Manage Call Logs & ECNs.
· Complete all Company Documentation where necessary.
To be effective in this role, you will have excellent knowledge of Mechanical Engineering and will be proficient in the use of 3D CAD packages. Previous experience of working in a similar industry e.g WAV/Bus/Coachbuilding would be advantageous but is not essential.
Hours of work are Monday-Wednesday, 7am-6pm and Thursday, 7am-5.30pm and the salary is circa £35k per annum.
This position offers a superb opportunity to join a progressive and committed company. In return, we offer:
· 27 days holiday (inclusive of public holidays)
· Aftersales discounts for you, your friends and your family
· Group life scheme and group pension scheme
· Annual profit share scheme
· Industry leading benefits portal
· Free staff car park
· On site cafeteria
· Frequent learning and development opportunities
· Company values and long-service awards
· Annual salary reviews
If you meet our criteria and would like to be part of a friendly and pleasant working environment in the North of Glasgow, a career with the Allied Vehicles Group is the perfect way to fuel that ambition. Please forward your CV stating why you would be suited to the role via the APPLY NOW button.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and encourage applications from all members of the community. We are committed to the Disability Confident Initiative and offer a guaranteed interview to any applicant who considers themselves to be disabled and who meets the requirements for the post.
Please note: due to a high volume of applications we receive, we are not able to respond to every applicant individually, therefore only successful candidates will be contacted.
***NO AGENCIES PLEASE***