OB TITLE: Operations Manager
LOCATION: Glasgow with travel to Edinburgh
CONTRACT: Permanent full-time
SALARY: £43,500 PA
ROLE OVERVIEW AND PURPOSE:
As the Cleaning Manager within the Commercial sector of the business you will be required to deliver the highest standards of cleanliness, hygiene, waste management, vending, art management, pest control and all other contractual tasks throughout our client’s sites at all times. ABM operate in an honest and sincere manner, meeting our clients’ demands in the best way possible. We concentrate on putting people first – our employees and our customers. We believe in being open about what we do and how we do it. We are passionate about getting things right first time and delivering real value for money. We also concentrate on getting the job done and everything we do is backed up by the quality of our service, the creativity of our ideas and the direct approach we take.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
This role will include a variety of tasks including the following however not exhaustive:
- To manage the contract in line with company policies and procedures.
- Complete budget forecasts and monthly reconciliations as well as necessary reports.
- Ensure high standards of Housekeeping are achieved at all times, being flexible to meet the changing operational needs on a continual basis and to suggest new initiatives to ensure best practice is continually delivered.
- To provide professional support to the business in service related matters and promote the ABM brand at all times. To control the delivery of the staff rosters, completion of payroll and correct manning levels ensuring compliance is maintained at all times.
- To deliver excellent communication and motivation with site-based team including communicating on a daily basis so that a sound communication channel exists in order for team goals to be achieved.
- Ensure adequate quality performance (KPI’s / SLA’s) measures are adhered to and any non-compliance is resolved in a professional manner.
Significant management experience
Experience of forecasting and controlling significant staff and non-staff budgets
Clear understanding of delivering Housekeeping Services
Good IT literacy
Health & Safety Certificate
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to get on well with others and inspire respect and confidence.
We’re proud to offer a great range of benefits including:
- 24/7 GP: Both you and your immediate family can speak to a UK-based GP from the comfort of your own home
- Mental Health support and Life Event Counseling
- Get Fit Programme
- Financial and legal support
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to Lifeworks, our innovative employee app where you can find:
- Perks: discounts, gift cards, cashback, and exclusive offers
- Life: Search for resources and tools on topics ranging from family and life to health, money and work
- Support: Online chat or telephone service for urgent support in a crisis
For more information about ABM’s benefits, visit our careers page
ABM is one of the world’s largest providers of integrated facility services. A driving force for a cleaner, healthier, and more sustainable world, ABM provides essential services that improve the spaces and places that matter most. ABM offers a comprehensive array of facility services that includes cleaning, engineering, parking, electrical & lighting, energy solutions, HVAC & mechanical, security, and mission critical solutions. ABM delivers these custom facility solutions to properties across a wide range of industries – from commercial office buildings to schools, airports, hospitals, data centres, manufacturing plants and distribution centres, entertainment venues and more. In the UK we’re proud to service icon sites across the country with more than 10,000 team members. For more information, visit www.abm.co.uk.
ABM are committed to employment practices that promote diversity and inclusion in employment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, sex, marriage and civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion or belief. We are proud members of the Armed Forces Covenant Employer Recognition Scheme.