Denholm is delighted to be Supporting our Energy Partner to assist in hiring for the position of Operational Cyber Lead. This is a new role to the business and will be responsible for shaping cyber security risk for the business. This role is a hybrid with a presence in their Glasgow Office. This role is suited to someone from a technical (infrastructure / network), vulnerability management background with good knowledge of the cyber security space and tooling in this area. Knowledge of risk modelling and control assurance are desired.
Lead and inspire a dynamic team of cybersecurity professionals, driving innovation in our global cybersecurity function. Your role is pivotal in securing our operations and resources, ensuring resilience against cyber threats and compliance with industry standards.
- Lead the management of cybersecurity initiatives alongside a dedicated team.
- Oversee cyber security business operations, optimizing resource utilization and corrective actions.
- Contribute to various cyber security functions including 3rd party management, data security, response & recovery, and training.
- Strengthen our cybersecurity posture through process enhancements.
- Assess and address security challenges with 3rd party suppliers.
- Manage data, risk, and assurance frameworks to enhance control effectiveness.
- Integrate and orchestrate security services and platforms for maximum coverage.
- Hold a degree and possess a deep technical understanding of security operations.
- Familiarity with key legislation impacting IT Control requirements in utilities.
- Proven experience in planning, managing, and controlling cybersecurity operations, especially in energy utilities.
- Exceptional team player with strong communication skills to engage non-technical stakeholders.
- Cybersecurity management experience, with or working towards industry-recognized qualifications (e.g., CISSP, CISM, BCS ISMP).
- Expertise in managing cybersecurity in IT environments with a focus on continuous monitoring and incident response.
- Knowledge of ISO/IEC 27001/27002 and ISMS creation/maintenance is advantageous.
- Familiarity with security platforms like SIEM/SOAR, XDR, and Vulnerability Management is a plus.
- Strategic and tactical thinking abilities.
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills.
- Problem-solving expertise.
- Relationship-building with local and global stakeholders.
- Global perspective and multicultural understanding.
What You'll Gain
- Double-matched pension contributions (up to 10% of your contribution).
- 36 days of annual leave.
- Holiday purchase option for better work/life balance.
- Share Incentive Plan and Sharesave Scheme.
- Payroll giving and charity matched funding.
- Technology Vouchers for personal tech purchases.
- Commitment to reducing carbon emissions and climate action.
- Electric Vehicle Schemes for green transportation.
- Cycle to Work scheme and public transport season ticket loans.
- Options to purchase dental insurance, private medical insurance, and health assessments.
- Life Assurance (4x salary).
- Access to financial wellbeing support.
- Discounts on shopping, leisure, dining, gym, and travel insurance.