HB People Recruitment & HR Specialists
The Primary role of a Mobile Trailer Engineer is to ensure we have a legally compliant fleet of trailers through regular inspection, service, and repair that are both on hire to customers and in our depots. Inspection and repairs of our hire fleet at our customer’s locations will also form part of this role along with working with our tech center to carry out fleet upgrades as required. To meet objectives and targets set by the National Operations Manager.
*Health and Safety*
* Ensure that all works conducted within our depots and at our customer sites are undertaken with full regard for the safety of yourself, your colleagues, and our clients, whilst ensuring all areas are always maintained to the highest standards of housekeeping.
* Ensure that all works conducted are undertaken with full regard for the environment, to prevent or minimise any pollution incidents.
* Read, sign, and comply with all company toolbox talks, risk assessments, method statements, and COSHH assessments.
* Whilst attending client’s sites, conduct yourself courteously and professionally.
* Responsible for building and maintaining professional working relationships with your colleagues in all departments. Performance
* Responsible for carrying out full inspection, service, and repair of trailers and hire fleet.
* Responsible for completing all relevant inspection paperwork for all assets that have been worked on. Identifying fair wear and tear and customer damage.
* Responsible for planning own diary by contacting and arranging with customers to ensure equipment are available for inspection.
* Responsible for making sure that all checked equipment is fit for purpose and quarantined if not until repairs have been carried out.
* Responsible for liaising with customers both before and after visits.
* Responsible for completing all the relevant paperwork and obtaining signatures and POs where required before leaving the site.
* Responsible for ensuring the van spare stock usage is recorded and replenished when the minimum stock levels are reached.
* You always represent the companies’ best interests, by presenting yourself smartly and professionally.
* Responsible for supporting our training team in the development of yourself to ensure you can undertake the duties expected of them both safely and professionally.
* Experience in service and repair of trailers, vehicles, or plant equipment.
* The ability to prioritizes their own workload.
* The ability to switch between tasks/projects.
* The ability to effectively influence onsite work activities.
* The ability to work alone and as part of a team.
* IT Literacy – especially Word, Excel, and Outlook
* Full driving licence – No more than 6 points (Mandatory)
* Basic electrical fault finding.
* Worked within a Highways environment or a basic knowledge of traffic light equipment
* CSCS card holder
* Competent in driving a company van and pickups up to 3.5 Ton in size.
* Competent in the towing of a trailer with plant equipment loaded.
* NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in either vehicle maintenance or plant & equipment Desirable Qualifications:
* City and Guilds, qualification or equivalent in highways installations
* Sector 8 Accreditation, Health, and Safety qualifications, including NRSWA, G39, and ECS)
*Personal Attributes / Skills:*
* Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills and the ability to react to changing demands in a professional manner.
* Resourceful, and excellent problem-solving skills
* Ability to deliver an excellent customer experience both internally and externally.
* A person who takes the safety of themselves and others as their number 1 priority
* A reliable and flexible team player
* Organized, trustworthy and initiative-taking.
* Enthusiastic and collaborative approach.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £28,000.00-£32,000.00 per year
* Free parking
* On-site parking
* Day shift
* Driving Licence (required)
Willingness to travel:
* 100% (preferred)
Work Location: On the road%41983546% %%techsoftware%%