Royal College Of Physicians & Surgeons Of Glasgow
Membership Engagement Coordinator – 0.6FTE – 21 hours per week
Glasgow – Salary £14,642.97 pro rata (£24,404.95FTE) – Permanent
The College has introduced hybrid working which enables employees to work from both their home and in the College. As part of this arrangement, employees will be required to spend at least 50% of their working time in the College, with the days being subject to the needs of the business.
The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow is a worldwide community of inspiring health professionals working together to advance the profession and improve patient care. Together we’re a force for good, determined to make a positive difference, and passionate about speaking up for the profession.
Our community is made up of the expertise and experience of our 15,000+ outstanding, hardworking members, supported by over 100 College staff. Together, our clinicians, all of whom give their time freely to the work of the College, and staff are committed to providing an innovative, relevant and inspiring programme of activity across the College, with the ultimate aim of enhancing patient safety.
With care and compassion at our core, our work is guided by our values of inclusivity, integrity, community, innovation, and inspiring, and we are committed to living these values and behaviours through the way we work and interact with each other.
Reporting to the Membership Engagement Manager, the Membership Engagement Coordinator will be part of a cohesive, agile, responsive and flexible team responsible for providing a first-class customer experience through a range of advice and support services to all members and prospective members, across all Faculties.
The Membership Engagement Coordinator will support the planning and coordination of both digital and face-to-face engagement activities and events locally, nationally and internationally to attract prospective members, retain and add value to existing members. They will provide administrative support to the Medical Training Initiative and to relevant Committees/ Boards, which may involve working outside of agreed regular hours.
The Membership Engagement Coordinator will have a good understanding and knowledge of the career journey, profile and needs of the College’s membership. They will also be expected to develop a good relationship, understanding and knowledge of activities and opportunities across all units of the College.
- Proven track record of delivering excellent customer service
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Good planning and organisational skills including attention to detail
- Excellent IT skills including the use of databases and Microsoft Office
- Proven administrative skills, including minute taking and diary management
- Strong interpersonal skills in order to interact effectively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Evidence of good and effective team working
- Knowledge of General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) desirable
- Experience of working with international stakeholders – desirable
- Minimum 12 months experience in a similar role
- Experience in digital / virtual projects and technologies
- Experience working in a member acquisition role or for a membership body/ association – desirable
The full job description can be found on our website.
- 40 days holiday
- Life Assurance Benefit
- Enhanced Sick Pay, Maternity, Paternity and Adoption pay
- Wellbeing Benefit
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Successful candidates will have the requisite ability and experience to meet the specific requirements of the post. If you believe you have the skills to be part of our team then apply by submitting your CV, with a covering letter and Equal Opportunities Monitoring form (available from our website) via S1jobs
The closing date is Wednesday 4th October 2023 at 12 noon. However, we will assess applications as they are received and call successful applicants for interview. Therefore, the closing date may be brought forward without notice. We anticipate interviews will be held on Wednesday 11th October 2023.
A Charity Registered in Scotland: Charity Registration Number SC000847