Junior Product Owner
Reporting of the role
This role reports to a Product Owner
Overview of job
This role provides an outstanding opportunity to join Global’s growing Product team, where our mission is to transform technology at the home of the best media and entertainment on the planet.
You will participate in creating a product vision and strategy for outdoor fulfilment products, working across the company to deliver ground – breaking outcomes. Working with a cross-functional team to deliver the roadmap, at the heart of connecting the technical and business world, a deep level of technical curiosity is key.
Fostering a learn-fast mentality with a bias to action you will help to solve problems, not just technology.
3 best things about the job
- You’ll be working in a team of people passionate about Audio and Outdoor and the technology that drives them who have huge ambitions!
- You’ll learn everything there is to know about Product Management and software development in an exciting, collaborative, and fast paced environment.
- You’ll work collaboratively with people across different disciples and teams within Global.
Measures of success –
In the first few months, you would have:
- Developed an understanding of the outdoor fulfilment capabilities, features, OKRs and KPIs and technology and how they impact the business.
- Started to understand agile and product management techniques and be learning about the product development lifecycle.
- Embedded within your squad and started to build strong working relationships with the other disciplines that you collaborate with
- Taken part in the development cycle and be attending associated ceremonies (e.g., planning, demo, retro)
Responsibilities of the role
- Participate in discovery to understand of your customers, experiencing different techniques to identify the biggest opportunities and problems to solve.
- Define product requirements and communicate to technical and non-technical partners.
- Understand the product vision and strategy for the area that you work in.
- Develop an outcome focussed mindset.
- Understand the data-based goals and success metrics, regularly monitor and report on product performance and that of new features.
- Gain an understanding of the technology we used to build our products, assisting with issue resolution and triage.
- Effectively explain new requirements to the development team using user stories, personas, and acceptance criteria. Working together to break down complex pieces of work into smaller chunks delivering value faster.
What you will need
The ideal candidate will be proactive and willing to develop and implement innovative solutions, capable of the following:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to collaboratively within a team.
- Technically inquisitive, with a willingness to understand how software is built and deployed.
- Result focussed mindset working with autonomy and take initiative.
- Be curious and proactive with the ability to learn new things quickly.
- Driven to win, always thinking big, while keeping it simple and owning it.
Everyone is welcome at Global
Just like our media and entertainment platforms are for everyone, so are our workplaces. We know that we can’t possibly serve our diverse audiences without first nurturing and celebrating it in our people and that’s why we work hard to create an inclusive culture for everyone. We believe that different will set us apart, so no matter what you look like, where you come from or what your favourite radio station is, we want to hear from you.
Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Global