Investment Operations VP
As a Barclays Investment Operations VP this is an exciting opportunity where you’ll be responsible to produce reconciliation delivery which includes the daily completion of reconciliations and stakeholder management which spans GMO, Corporate, Barclaycard and Wealth. You will be part of the Global Reconciliation Services (GRS) provides global cross produce support on all types of Reconciliations.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month, or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally can request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Compromising delivery including completion of reconciliations and stakeholder management which spans multiple business areas
• Driving automation/productivity/efficiency within the team whilst engaging with change and technology partners
• Providing leadership and guidance to staff, fostering an environment that encourages employee engagement, collaboration, and communication.
• Overseeing plans and directs the activities for the Unit, ensuring that the business objectives are being met within GRS
• Developing and enforcing of controls within the unit to deliver a near to flawless standard of service
• Ensuring that adequate operations controls are implemented, risks are mitigated, and processes are compliant with regulatory requirements
What we’re looking for:
• Solid leadership, management and organizational skills are required to manage and motivate team members towards the established goals across multiple units
• Knowledge and experience of FCA CASS rules
• Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders and colleagues internally and externally
• Effective time management and prioritization when working to multiple and challenging deadlines
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Capital Markets Knowledge OR experience in middle office or post trade operations
• Project management experience including production of detailed project plans, key quality programme deliverables and working and delivering to strict time constraints
• Ability to negotiate/influence at senior level on project scope/cost/time options to decide optimum way forward.
Where will you be working?
Our new state-of-the-art Campus, right in the heart of Glasgow is a hub of creative collaboration. A place where everyone can bring their true selves to work and reach their full potential. Home to 5,000 of our colleagues, our Tradeston campus will support the community in more ways than one – by creating thousands of new career opportunities and celebrating local artists. A short walk from Central Station on the south of the Clyde, it will be a key location for the Barclays business that will deepen our ties with the city and its communities.