M Group Services Limited T/A Magdalene Limited
Magdalene have an exciting opportunity for a Telecom Field Engineer to join our team in the Scotland. As a Telecoms Field Engineer you will be part of our diverse team who are responsible for the successful delivery of various projects andacross the countryfirst linemaintenance on our customers networks.
The role involves installation and commissioning work, 1st line reactive maintenance work on our support contracts and working at height. This involves work on a fixed hours basis Monday-Friday 0800-1600 plus a rotational on-call rota (around 1 in 7) that can deliver services to our customers 24/7, 365 days a year. This a UK role based in Scotland so there will occasionally be requirements to work away from home and travel to site, you will need a full driving licence.
Training will be given to carry out your role and progression opportunities within our team will be fully supported.
This role fits within Magdalenes Scotland teamand will work collaboratively with the our Network Operations Centre for FLM work, our PMO team for all project work and directly with your line manager.
Magdaleneoperates as a Telecommunication Infrastructure Services Companyand ispart of the Telecom Division of M Group Services.Covering the full network lifecycle, we deliverManaged Services and Projects for both fixed and mobile infrastructure networks across the operator and utility markets.
Whatwill your key responsibilities be?
- Preparation and termination of RF feeder, electrical, fibre optic and copper cables
- Work with UHF and Microwave radios and dish antennas
- Performing Industry standard testing as required on telecoms and antenna systems e.g. BERT (E1 & Ethernet), RF sweeps, PIM & OTDR
- Equipment installation and commissioning across various projects
- Wiring and connection of DC power to telecoms equipment to required standards and regulations.
- 1st Line Support and troubleshooting of customer equipment to include but not limited to- mobile network equipment, data-comms equipment, switching equipment, PSTN/ADSL lines & building management systems.
- Street cabinet works
- Fibre installation and Testing.
- Planned preventative maintenance.
- RAMS creation and work area/vehicle management
- Completion of site surveys to enable installation.
- To understand our customers needs and work to meet our contractual obligations.
What competencies are we looking for?
- Previous work as a junior or field engineer in the telecoms sector
- Use of test equipment like OTDR, OPM, Fibre scopes, Fibre splicers, BERT, RF sweeper & multimeters
- Working in data centres, telephone exchanges, fibre exchanges, PCPs, DSLAMs and customer HUB/outstation sites
- Use of power tools, hand tools, ladders, or any work at height
- Previous rigging experience would be beneficial (Training can be provided)
- Driving for work or managing a company vehicle
- Previous electrical or mechanical work
- A strong set of IT skills which would include the Microsoft Office products, basic DOS commands, mobile phone work apps and online time sheets.
- An interest in new equipment & technology and keenness to learn about it.
- Analytical skills and logical thinking to assist in fault diagnosis and resolution.
About The Company
Why choose us?
We promise development and reward opportunities for those who have the passion, enthusiasm and work ethic to harness them. Our benefits include:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- 4% matched pension scheme
- 2 x salary life assurance
- Access to our staff discount portal
- Health Cash Plan
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Recruitment referral scheme
- Payroll giving
- Salary finance scheme
As a member of theDisability Confident Schemewe welcome applications from individuals who consider themselves as having a disability or long-term health condition. Please let us know if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to aid your application and recruitment process.
As a gold award holder under theArmed Forces Employer Recognition Scheme, we are interested to hear from candidates who are currently serving in the military who may wish to transition to a civilian Job. We also welcome applications from Reservists, Cadet Forces Adult Volunteers, ex-forces personnel and military spouses / partners.