Environmental Sustainability Manager
Company: SCOTTISH POWER UK PLC
Location: Glasgow, Glasgow, GB
Facility: Scottish Power HQ
Iberdrola is a global energy leader, the number one producer of wind power, and one of the world’s biggest electricity utilities in terms of market capitalisation. The group supplies energy to almost 100 million people in dozens of countries including Spain, the United Kingdom (ScottishPower), the United States (AVANGRID), Brazil (Neoenergia), Mexico, Germany, Portugal, Italy and France, with a workforce of more than 35,000 people.
Iberdrola is leading the transition towards a sustainable energy model through its investments in renewable energy, smart grids, large-scale energy storage and digital transformation, to offer its customers the most advanced products and services. Thanks to its commitment to clean energy, Iberdrola is one of the companies with the lowest emissions and an international benchmark for its contribution to sustainability and the fight against climate change.
Environment Sustainability Manager
ScottishPower HQ, Glasgow hybrid working happy to discuss flexible working
From £47 000 + 15% bonus + single person healthcare
Permanent, Full Time
Closing date: 6th June 2023
Joining ScottishPower as an Environment Sustainability Manager you ll provide specialist sustainability and environmental management expertise to help ScottishPower meet its ambition to be a leader in environmental sustainability.
The role sits within our CEO office, part of our Corporate function, and reports to the Senior Environmental Manager. You ll be exposed to a wide range of new and emerging responsibilities at a pivotal time as ScottishPower leads the fight against climate change, helps tackle the biodiversity crisis and address the opportunities of a circular economy while all the time delivering on our ambitious growth and investment plans.
Working with members of the Climate Change and Sustainability Team, you ll develop and deliver activities required by our commitment to greenhouse gas reduction, climate adaptation, biodiversity, circular economy, and the corporate environment management system.
As an in-house environmental sustainability specialist, you ll provide sustainability support to the Senior Environmental Manager and lead the delivery of key work streams.
You ll work with a range of colleagues to support the development, coordination, and monitoring of biodiversity, climate adaptation, greenhouse gas reduction and circular economy plans, taking responsibility for ensuring these projects are on track.
You ll take lead responsibility on ensuring ongoing environmental compliance and improvement of the ISO4001 certified environmental management system for Scottish Power s corporate functions, including coordination of EMS engagement groups.
You ll provide expert biodiversity support when working with colleagues from across relevant corporate functions and operating businesses on the requirements resulting from the Taskforce for Nature-related Financial Disclosures.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to –
– Collaborate with Iberdrola Group colleagues to ensure global objectives relating to Biodiversity, Climate Change and Circular Economy are considered and reflected within ScottishPower s objectives and plans
– Support the development of ScottishPower s approach to climate adaptation and resilience, including supporting scenario analysis activities
– Coordinate and support the production of the Sustainability Statement in the ScottishPower annual accounts
– Build relationships and connections across the business to promote and coordinate the implementation of environmental activities
– Respond to public consultations on behalf of the Climate Change and Sustainability Team
– Represent ScottishPower on external forums on relevant topics
Skills and Requirements
The post holder will be educated to degree level and have relevant work experience in the environment arena or relevant field. You ll be able to demonstrate
– Knowledge and experience of sustainability topics, notably strong understanding of biodiversity concepts and policy developments, and approaches to delivering GHG reduction in a business environment
– Understanding and awareness of circular economy and climate adaptation concepts
– Working knowledge and experience of an Environmental Management System including the ISO14001 standard
– Experience in project management to take a project from conception through to completion following established PM methodologies
– Experience of working with industry and/or academia to deliver cross-party problem solving
We are looking for candidates fluent in English with excellent report writing and presentation skills, and the ability to communication clearly and effectively with a range of business functions and external stakeholders. You ll be able to adapt, be responsive to change and work under pressure to cope with varied requirements.
ScottishPower is part of the Iberdrola Group, one of the world s largest integrated utility companies and a world leader in wind energy. With a commitment to generate all of our energy from renewable resources and a drive to create the energy infrastructure of the future, we re at the forefront of the journey to Net Zero and investing over £6m every working day to make this happen. With diverse opportunities across our businesses and a commitment to invest in our own internal talent, ScottishPower can offer people real career opportunities that meet personal and professional goals, in a global organisation.
Inclusion, diversity, and a social purpose are at the heart of everything we do. Together with our values, they bring us together into a stronger, more sustainable business with direct links to the communities we serve. It takes all kinds of people to build a large-scale business like ours, so whatever your background, you ll fit right in.
ScottishPower is committed to providing reasonable support or adjustments in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related support. If you need support, please reach out to .
What s in it for you
As well as a competitive salary which is reviewed annually, you can also enjoy a number of other benefits. With our pension scheme, we ll double match your contribution up to a company contribution of 10%.
At ScottishPower, we believe it s the little things we do in life that make a big difference. From helping you look after your family s wellbeing, save for your future, and take personal steps for climate action our benefits are designed to help you do just that – so that you have everything you need to take care of your world today and tomorrow. That s why our benefits include:
– 36 days annual leave
– Holiday purchase perfect your work/life balance with extra annual leave
– Share Incentive Plan and Sharesave Scheme
– Payroll giving and charity matched funding
– Technology Vouchers save more and spread the cost of your technology purposes
– Count us in pledge to reduce carbon emissions and help fight climate change
– Electric Vehicle Schemes to help you transition to green/clean driving
– Cycle to Work scheme and public transport season ticket loans
– Options to purchase dental insurance, private medical insurance, health cash plan and annual health assessments
– Access to nudge financial wellbeing support
– Plus shopping, leisure, restaurant and gym discounts, and unique employee deals on travel insurance and more.
Please note that any applicant who is not a citizen of the country of the vacancy will be subject to compliance with the applicable immigration requirements to legally work in that country. If/when required, the Company will support the employee with the necessary Immigration requirements.
TO APPLY PLEASE CLICK THE “APPLY NOW” BUTTON AND YOU WILL BE REDIRECTED TO BEGIN THE APPLICATION PROCESS