Our client in Edinburgh City has an exciting new opportunity for a solicitor (1-4years PQE) to join their Employment Law team. The role will be working closely with the legal departments and network throughout Scotland. This is the perfect opportunity for someone who is motivated and keen on working for a dynamic new company.
The successful candidate will have a thorough understanding of the current employment law landscape and will be able to advise clients of a range of employment issues including HR support, employment tribunals, drafting of employment contracts, advise on settlement agreements and providing corporate support from an employment law perspective. You will also have the opportunity to support the Partner with other cases, such as Sports Law.
- To ensure best possible outcome for clients.
- Maximisation of fee income.
- To maintain a good reputation amongst clients and other business professionals.
- To be involved in the promotion of the department and the overall firm.
- Advising client on employment law matters.
- Managing a varied caseload for both individuals and companies.
- Negotiate settlement agreements.
- Representing clients in tribunal where required.
- Preparation of legal documents.
- Maximise fee income.
- Further firm projects and development.
- Business development of the team & Sports Law unit.
- LLB, Diploma in legal practice.
- Qualified solicitor of 1-4 years PQE in any reputable employment department.
- Good knowledge off all Employment Law legislation.
- Hard working and ambitious.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to manage a varied workload.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Competent in IT.
- An interest in sports law and Agency is desirable.
- Previous tribunal experience is desirable.
- Business acumen.