AbilityNet has an exciting new opportunity for a Digital Skills Trainer to join our team and work on a project funded by BT. The role is part time (28 hours per week) for up to 14 months, on a fixed term contract. It is based remotely in Glasgow (or Edinburgh) with travel across the region. The successful candidate will be working in a highly rewarding role, making a real difference to people's lives, with a competitive salary and benefits.
AbilityNet is a pioneering UK charity with a global perspective. We believe the power of digital technology should be available to everyone, regardless of ability or age. Our free online resources and a network of over 300 community-based volunteers help individuals with any disability, of any age, to use all kinds of digital technology. Our vision is a digital world accessible to all.
About the Digital Skills Trainer role:
As our Digital Skills Trainer, you will be responsible for delivering training to older people in your region as part of a UK-wide digital skills training programme.
The key responsibilities of a Digital Skills Trainer include:
- With the support of the Project Manager and Free Services team devise and develop a bank of training resources for group and 1:1 sessions to support older people with digital skills needs
- Engage and network with local Community Partners e.g., charities, local authorities, healthcare providers, who will benefit from the Digital Skills training offer that AbilityNet can provide
- Support with the organising and scheduling of training dates, times and locations with the Community Partners, maximising participation at group sessions
- Nurture on-going relationships with Community Partners to ensure future referral paths
- Deliver in person training sessions in group and 1:1 settings at different venues around your region
- Deliver remote (online) training sessions (via Zoom or Teams) with groups and individuals
- Support people over the age of 65 to improve their digital literacy skills, covering areas such as: internet shopping, internet banking, using email, using communication applications such as Zoom, Teams, WhatsApp, online safety
- Motivate learners to participate in the training sessions to overcome fears and barriers to engage in everyday technology such as: smart phones, Tablets, Laptop, and other technology
- Support the collation of stats and feedback before and after the training sessions, including surveying Community Partners and older individuals
- Support with the production of case studies to bring the project stories to life
- Liaise with local volunteers to support the training sessions and older individuals
- To undertake any other task consistent with the scope of the post, as requested by the Programme Officer
What we are looking for in our ideal Digital Skills Trainer:
- Be prepared to travel daily to training locations within the region specified and occasional travel outside of the region
- Strong digital literacy skills and IT knowledge
- Experience of training delivery (or presentation skills)
- Excellent personal communication skills
- Good organisation and administration skills
- Experienced user of Office 365
- Experience of the target market i.e. Charities and older people
If you would like to join us, please click ‘Apply’ today to be considered as our Digital Skills Trainer – we would love to hear from you!