M Group Services Limited T/A Magdalene Limited
We are looking for a Design Engineerto be part of our dedicated team serving Scottish Power Energy Network (SPEN)in the UK.
Magdaleneoperates as a Telecommunication Infrastructure Services Companyand ispart of the Telecom Division of M Group Services.Covering the full networklife-cycle, we deliverManaged Services and Projects for both fixed and mobile infrastructure networks across the operator and utility markets.
The Design Engineers primary responsibility is to provide bespoke, detailed customer designs and technical ownership on customer account through theutilizationof specialist technical expertise. Adding value, in terms of technical and documentation skills, to the account through the issuing of detailed Low Level Designs, reports plus studies as well as implementation support.
They will work closely with internal technical teams and stakeholders ensuring high quality provision of conceptual, outlined and detailed Telecom network solution designs that meet or exceed contractual or external customer requirements.
The Design Engineer will perform as a subject matter expert within their technology field, contactable for technical support, guidance and implementation, while becoming a trusted advisor to internal and external customers.
What will you be doing?
Your role will be the production of high quality Low Level Designs within forecasted delivery timescales in accordance to High Level Design plus customer criteria.
This role fits within Magdalenes Design Team currently dedicated on SPEN account exclusively located in Central Scotland or North West England. Travel is required and estimated to be infrequent however subject to demand.
Whatwill your key responsibilities be?
- Experience of designing LLD solutions, resolving complex problems in an ingenious manner, within context of large customer enterprise environment.
- Ability to leverage and influence, show resolve under pressure from both customers and internal stakeholders, ensuring desired Technical & Project outcomes with adherence of design standards & principles.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) and be accountable for the customer solution design during LLD production, participating and often leading detailed design and system integration meetings.
- Accepting responsibility for the consequences of decisions and developing decision criteria based on factors that affect the Customer.
- Take HLD from Solution Architects team,analysesthe requested objectives, liaise with customer, and produce fully functional, implementable and operational Low Level Design (LLD) ensuring allocated resource budget is met.
- Hungry to learn new technologies, ways of working, frameworks, standards and strive to constantly improve not only themselves but the team around them.
What competencies are we looking for?
- Expertise in designing solutions in one or more of the following areas:
- IP Networking (WAN,LAN,MPLS-TP)
- SDH / PDH
- Microwave / Fibre / Radio
- MS Office (Word, Excel and Visio)
- 2+ years relevant industry experience in technology field
About The Company
Why choose us?
We promise development and reward opportunities for those who have the passion, enthusiasm and work ethic to harness them. Our benefits include:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- 4% matched pension scheme
- 2 x salary life assurance
- Access to our staff discount portal
- Health Cash Plan
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Recruitment referral scheme
- Payroll giving
- Salary finance scheme
As a member of theDisability Confident Schemewe welcome applications from individuals who consider themselves as having a disability or long-term health condition. Please let us know if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to aid your application and recruitment process.
As a gold award holder under theArmed Forces Employer Recognition Scheme, we are interested to hear from candidates who are currently serving in the military who may wish to transition to a civilian Job. We also welcome applications from Reservists, Cadet Forces Adult Volunteers, ex-forces personnel and military spouses / partners.