About the Role
Commis Chef – Beer House – Glasgow Central Station.
Pay rate £10.42 per hour.
You may be wondering who are SSP? Well, we’re one of the best kept secrets in Hospitality and Retail.
You may not know us by name, but you will know us from our brands. We are the leading operator of restaurants, bars, cafes, food courts and retail stores in airports, train stations, motorway service areas and other leisure locations.
We are looking for Full Time chefs to join our Beer House at Glasgow Central Station.
As a Team Member you will work a variety of shifts between 6:00am and 12am.
(Please check your transport connection prior to applying to ensure early start or late finish is possible)
Responsibilities for Chefs:
- Preparing meats and vegetables
- Contributing to maintaining kitchen and food safety standards
- Efficient time keeping and time management of both preparation and food service.
- Measuring dish ingredients and portion sizes accurately
- Ensuring daily, weekly & monthly cleaning duties are carried out as organized by the Kitchen Manager.
- Confidently cooking completed dishes from the menu.
Requirements for Team Member:
- Many of our units sell alcohol – You must be at least 18 years of age or older to be eligible to serve and comply with licensing legislation.
Benefits for Team Member:
- Award winning training and development with access to apprenticeships
- Up to 75% employee discount on a variety of SSP brands and franchises across the UK including M&S, Starbucks, Burger King, Caffe Ritazza and many more!
- Discounts on shopping, days out, health and wellbeing, cinemas and more!
- UK pensions Plans
- Share Incentive Plan (SIP)
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Wellbeing support: Retail Trust
- Family friendly leave
- Free Uniform
Visit and follow us on Facebook and Instagram at SSPUKCareers
Visit and follow us on TikTok at https://www.tiktok.com/@sspukcareers
Fancy to find out more? Apply today for a Team Member role!
Diversity and Inclusion is a priority at SSP. We are an equal opportunities employer committed to engaging all of our people, so they feel valued and motivated; we champion diversity, promote inclusion, and ensure equality. We respect and protect human rights and prevent discrimination; and we positively impact our communities. We encourage and welcome applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual identity and orientation or age.