Gilchrist Recruitment Partnership
Account Director / Team Lead: Flagship Account, Glasgow
Our client – an award winning fully integrated agency – are looking for a talented Account Director who’s passionate about building strong partnerships.
About the job
The power of creativity and strategic thinking can transform businesses which is why our client needs someone with a love for forming fantastic client relationships so we can help your clients’ brands grow.
Being an effective Account Director will mean guiding and inspiring clients with your strategic prowess and creative vision.
It’s essential that you’re able to lead from within the Client Services Team, delivering campaigns that both drive revenue growth and delight your amazing clients.
Speaking of clients, you need to have a knack for creating meaningful relationships through your passion for their business. You see their success as your success, working side by side as a collaborative partnership. In other words, you’re their ‘go to” person.
The head office is based in Glasgow and it would be ideal if you could commit to 2 days / week in the office. Some national and international travel will be required fairly regularly.
• Lead the accounts of the agency’s national and international high-profile clients, ensuring you exceed their expectations, meet their strategic objectives and offer the highest level of service
• Implement the required processes throughout the team to achieve the agency’s business goals/targets and OKRs goals/targets and OKRs
• Provide updates to the CSD on behalf of the client service department for leadership meetings and looping them in on all client developments and ‘big moments’
• Responsible for the fee negotiation on your business
• Be accountable, along with the Head of New Business, in achieving your revenue goals for each financial year
• Regularly attend networking events and set targets for your pod members to do the same
• Support and coach the team members of your Pod in their own role, and in their coaching of others, to enhance performance / efficiencies across the AM team
• Ensure all clients are satisfied with their experience and output through regular contact with the clients. Lead your Pod team to ensure all projects are run efficiently and profitably
• Work with the other Department Heads on developing and implementing new business strategies and identifying proactive opportunities to develop your existing, priority clients
• Support the Head of New Business on key pitches and tenders for new clients as required
• Lead on internal briefing meetings for key clients alongside the relevant lead from the creative team • Contribute to regular forecasting meetings
• Ensure that fees and time are managed to avoid any imbalances
• Be a champion for the agency’s brand, purpose, values and positively contribute and enhance their culture
What We’re Looking For
• At least 6-8 years of agency experience, 3 years + at Account Director level minimum. Team lead experience.
• Expertise in working with national and international clients
• Proven C-Suite experience
• A third level qualification in Marketing or related discipline ideally
• The ability to influence and negotiate
• A flair for creating, nurturing and retaining strong client partnerships
• Someone who’s a self-motivated strategic thinker
• A leader with great communication and compelling presentation skills
• Knowledgeable and passionate about your clients’ business
• Ability to command a room of experienced creatives and business leaders
• Flexibility and adaptability to embrace evolving communication platforms
• Excited about creative and commercially astute
• Responsible and accountable for your own and your team’s work
• Ability to see the bigger picture
• Thrive in a fast-moving agency environment
• A team player through and through
• Public speaking experience, real room presence
• A flair for talking about things you’re passionate about
• A drive to be a creative thought leader
• You’ll feel right at home if
• You live and breathe anything to do with creativity, campaigns and branding
• You are absolutely passionate about what you do
• Salary banding is £50,000 – £65,000 + amazing bonus and other monetary and non monetary benefits. Basic bonus achievement £75k, advanced bonus achievement £80/85k (for an exceptional candidate).
FURTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
Gilchrist Recruitment Partnership are a specialist recruitment agency and recruiting partner within the Marketing, Digital communications/PR, Creative & Design and Advertising industry for Scotland, both agency and client side.
When submitting your application, please outline your current salary, salary expectations and notice period. It is also essential that you are already legally permitted to work in the UK with the associated paperwork if you are not a UK citizen.
If you are not currently living in the UK, please explain/outline your plans and timelines for relocation to Scotland. We are a Scottish based recruiter who generally do not represent “remote” opportunities – thus you will be either living in Scotland or have solid plans to relocate.
We cannot guarantee a response to each individual application, made necessary by the level of response we receive. We will contact only those candidates we wish to shortlist. Apologies in advance for an inconvenience this may cause.
We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and are committed to ensuring that no applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status or race.
Unless clearly stated otherwise, the advertised position is a permanent contract.